Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It's Your Turn! Which Is Easier, Breastfeeding or Formula-Feeding?

I want to try something different with this post. I get a lot of hits on my blog for people looking for "is breastfeeding easier than formula?" and related searches. They mostly land on this post. I've also written a few others, like this one, and this one, that touch on that topic. Because this seems to be a popular question, I want to put it to my readers to help me answer it. In the comments, or in an email to jessicaonbabies (at) gmail (dot) com, or as a comment on this post on the Facebook page, answer the following questions as honestly as you can, either from your own experience or the experiences of friends and relatives. You can keep it anonymous if you want to, and feel free to expand on your answers if you want to be more specific. I'm interested to see what the general trends are. I'll follow up on this post in a week or two with a compilation of your responses and my reaction, as well as my own answers!

1. In your experience, or the experiences of people around you, do you see breastfeeding as:
a. Very difficult
b. Difficult
c. Manageable
d. Easy

2. In your experience, or the experiences of people around you, do you see formula feeding as:
a. Very difficult
b. Difficult
c. Manageable
d. Easy

3. Do you know how to properly prepare a bottle of formula?
a. Definitely
b. I think so
c. Not sure
d. No

4. Do you know what a proper latch looks like when breastfeeding?
a. Definitely
b. I think so
c. Not sure
d. No

5. Before you had a baby of your own, did you ever see someone breastfeeding a baby? (Including on TV)
a. Never
b. Once or twice
c. Occasionally
d. Often

6. Before you had a baby of your own, did you ever see someone giving a baby a bottle (regardless of what was in it)? (Including on TV)
a. Never
b. Once or twice
c. Occasionally
d. Often

7. Before you had a baby of your own, did you ever see someone prepare a bottle of formula? (Including on TV)
a. Never
b. Once or twice
c. Occasionally
d. Often

8. Before you had a baby of your own, did you personally ever prepare a bottle of formula for a baby?
a. Yes
b. No

9. Before you were pregnant, were you aware of the breastfeeding versus formula "wars"?
a. Yes
b. No

10. In your opinion, which is "easier," overall?
a. Breastfeeding
b. Formula-feeding

No comments:

Post a Comment