See other Car Seat Rules articles here:Rule #1, on the Chest ClipRule #2, on Rear-FacingRule #3, on NewbornsRule #4, on Front-Facing
*The advice given in the Car Seat Rules articles is not a substitute for having your seats checked by a car seat professional (CPST) or for reading the manual that came with your car seat.--------------------------
- He has reached the maximum weight limit of the harness,
- His ears are above the top of the car seat, OR
- His shoulders are above the top harness slot.
- He has reached the minimum weight and age limits designated by your state's laws,
- When sitting in the booster, the shoulder belt falls across his collarbone, not his neck,
- When sitting in the booster, the lap belt sits flat against the tops of his thighs, not across his abdomen,
- He can sit upright in the seat through the entire trip and not lean over, slouch, or fall forward (otherwise the seat belt will not function properly), AND
- You trust that he won't unbuckle the seat belt while the car is in motion.